This is the piece I finished sometime in the first half of April. This has to be a record for how long it has taking me to scan something, especially considering the fact that it has been lying on the bed of my scanner since I finished it!
I consider this to be one of my "Italian trilogy". I had the best intentions of photographing
all three together, but that would probably mean that this post would not be up for another few months! All three patterns are from an Italian website, the link for which I have long since lost.
The pattern for both the center part (the same in all three pieces) as well and the border in this piece are very unique and fun to make. Looking at this particular pattern, I think I made a mistake that I carried through the whole piece, but I haven't really looked into it yet. The patterns are all written out - in this case diagrammed would have been much easier!
Made with DMC special dentelles 80 in ecru; the piece measures 7 inches in diameter.
Pretty, love the dainty threads!
ReplyDeleteThere is no way I would even attempt to find a mistake! This is so eye-appealing! However I believe I might not have been able to figure out which direction to go on the outside round!
ReplyDeleteHas a wonderful sense of movement, your doily. Very pretty and delicate.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful doily!!! :)
ReplyDeleteReally pretty, I love the border. I think this might be the largest tatted piece I've seen of yours? Can't see the mistake at all. By now, surely even you can't? :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a very beautiful doily & pattern ! It seems to be spiraling along gaily ... Especially love the outer border/edging !
ReplyDeleteThis doily is beautifully done. Do you have the pattern in English. I would love to see it. Even a visual pattern would do. Thank you.
ReplyDelete