My latest puncetto square. I think I finished it last month, but I could be wrong. I don't know what happened towards the top - my tensions got all out of whack. I think was working on it late at night or something.
I have since started the next square. I promptly made a mistake in the first row, but by the time I noticed it, it was too late to do anything about it. I think of all the laces I make, puncetto is the most unforgiving of mistakes. It's very hard to unpick the knots (like tatting), but unlike tatting, it's very hard to cut a mistake out. Since I didn't want to restart the piece, I decided to continue and just live with the mistake. Somehow, I ended up making a mistake in the next row as well! It's what I get for working when it's late and I am tired...
The puncetto square shown was made with DMC Cebelia 30 in ecru.
No comments:
Post a Comment