I really liked the Day 20 snowflake from Bjørn's book, but as I've said before, SCMR are hard to make using metallic thread. I just can't yank of the base thread enough to get a nice, round ring. As a result, the SCMR are very large and misshapen. Looking at the pattern, I realized that the top ring is not really necessary, so I decided to repeat the pattern without the SCMR. It looks much better in my opinion. I'm sure the original would look good make in cotton thread where the SMCR could be made to look like "normal" rings. With metallic thread, I think this variation looks better.
I can't believe it's the middle of October already! Work is keeping me busy and the weeks are flying by. I've had very little time to make lace of any kind during the week. On the weekends, yardwork (raking!!!) is keeping me busy.
Good call... It looks great!
ReplyDeleteFox : )
That's a wonderful motif! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mica, I'm Ninetta. Beautiful in black! I've never done things in black tatting, but seeing your, you make me want to try it now! I'm preparing some gifts for Christmas, for my friends, and initially I thought to make tatting decorations for the tree. After I made some medallions, I changed my mind and I tried to use them as pendants. I suggest you to do the same with this very nice. So now I am preparing a lot of pendants, like roses in the style of L'Aquila ("rosoni aquilani" are my inspiration, find images out on google, I lived in L'Aquila till april 6th 2009).
ReplyDeleteHi Mica, I've made my first pendant in black and thank you a lot for your beatiful pages, you are my favourite blogger! I would thank you with my puncetto-tatting as a present only for you, see it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninettacaruso.
ReplyDelete