Monday, April 17, 2017

Shark Pouch



I made this pencil pouch for my nephew.  As with my niece's pumpkin hat, I had the best intentions of making it earlier.  As in, for his birthday in September!  When that deadline passed, I thought Christmas for sure.  Obviously didn't happen!  He ended up getting it just because, which is probably a nice surprise for him anyways!


I don't recall where I first saw the pattern, but it is also on Ravelry.  

My gauge is really tight!  I had already sized up the crochet hook, but had to go up even larger, otherwise there is no way I would have gotten any zipper to fit the mouth opening.  As it was, I had to  buy a smaller zipper than what the pattern called for.  Again, I don't have any of the details in front of me, and if I don't post now, it will be a while.

The pattern was fairly well written.  I decided not to attach the felt teeth.  There is a project link on Ravelry that gives directions for crochet teeth, which I had initially planned on doing.  In the end, I omitted the teeth altogether.  I had chosen a zipper with large teeth which can do double duty as shark teeth.  Oh, and I really wanted to finish this before my long work trip...


Despite my tight gauge, this pencil pouch is still fairly large!  I filled it with markers and you can see that then shark ate the markers with no problems at all.  In fact, I could have stuffed a lot more markers/pencils, etc. into it before it would have filled up.


Overall I really like this pencil pouch and I kind of want one for myself!  Since I would have no use for it, I will resist the temptation.  It's not like I don't have anything else to do!

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute and perfect for shark week :)

    ReplyDelete