Saturday, April 15, 2017

Pumpkin hats


I really think little kids look cute in pumpkin hats.  Unfortunately I missed the boat with my nephew, which is such a shame, considering orange is his favorite color (still!).  I could not let the same happen with my niece.  I had initially planned on making her the pumpkin hat for Christmas, but that obviously didn't happen.  I started it after the holidays and sent it to her just because.  One of our friend's daughter also celebrated her 1st birthday.  Perfect excuse to make another pumpkin hat:)


Here are the two hats side by side.  I honestly cannot tell them apart in the photo.  The only difference is the size.  The birthday girl got a size larger than my niece.  



To be honest, I think I could have sized up a size for each of them, but I hope they at least got one or two wears out of them.  My niece especially loved chewing on the vine!

I used a free pattern I found through Ravelry.  There are a lot of pumpkin patterns, but surprisingly this is one of the few ones with the vine.  I think it's the vine that makes a pumpkin hat.  Maybe I was a better knitter I could have figured it out on my own.  

I did also try to make a leaf pattern that I found as part of another hat, but it ended up being way too large.  It would have covered my poor niece's head!  I had the best intention of photographing it with the hat, but that did not happen either.  It's too late now that the hats are no longer in my possession.

I don't recall the yarn and needles I used for this project, and I know if I put of posting, it will take another few months before these are posted!


1 comment: