Sunday, January 8, 2017

Pag medallion



Late last year I finished another Pag lace medallion.  I am calling it my 3rd medallion, but it should look remarkably similar to the first one I made!  I wanted to practice setting up and making the triangles before starting something new again.

I think the center looks better.  It is still very "rounded" and looks more like a flower than sharp triangles, but at least it takes up the majority of the center and is no longer squished like the first one was.  There is a big problem with this piece though, although it hard to see on the photo.  For lack of better phrasing, one of the spokes is barely attached to the concentric circles.  I did not notice that when the lace was still on the pillow, so I have no way of knowing where this occurred in relation to the lace as I was making it.  This one puzzles me since I have never seen this before.  Granted my needle lace making is very basic and I don't have much experience under my belt, but this is still surprising.

Now I need to figure out what to make next!

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely! And I can't see the problem with the spoke from here.... So nice. More please :) and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at your patience for working this Pag lace, which you 'introduced' to us in your blog. You're doing quite well with it!

    ReplyDelete