This is my second Pag medallion. One of the reasons I rushed through completing the first medallion is to be able to start a second one in class. Good thing I did! Although starting a pattern on the first day made a lot of sense as we were walked through it, when it came time to start a new one a few days later, I really did not remember the details any more. I also wanted to learn how to make the flower petals. I really, really like flowers!
Most of this was completed after I came home from the congress and it shows. There are many, many, many mistakes, but I guess I will take it as a positive that I caught my mistakes soon after they were made. I did not want to take scissors to my lace though. I was anxious to finish this and start another piece. Knowing there is no book to look up things I forgot how to do makes this nerve wracking (well, as nerve wracking as lace can be...).
I hope to start the second piece sometime this week. It looks to be a hectic week at work though, so I am not sure how realistic it is. My plan is to repeat the first piece to get a better grasp of the basics.
Wow wonderful work with doily.
ReplyDelete