I am almost embarrassed to admit how long it took me to complete Wingspan! I think it was on my needles for 3 or 4 years. I definitely worked on it in spurts. The whole lifespan was one of a lot of activity followed by a long break.
I didn't realize how popular this pattern was until after I mentioned that I was making it to one of my male colleagues. I just saw it pop up on a Ravelry search and I liked it enough to get started. The construction is what drew me in. Very clever!
This was made with Patons Sock FX yarn and I think I used about 2.5 skeins. I had wanted to make at least one more triangle, but I knew that if I did not finish when I did, it would probably sit as a WIP for another year. Now that it is complete, I wish I had added another triangle. It's a bit short to wrap around my neck and it really needs a pin to hold it in place.
Overall, I still like this project. I suspected that it would not get much use when I was making it, so I am not too disappointed that it is a bit short. I still really love the colors of this yarn - very neutral. Unfortunately it is a bit scratchy as well so it is not the most comfortable thing to have touching my neck!
No comments:
Post a Comment