Anyone that follows this blog can probably tell that I am slowly working my way through this book. (I tend to do that a lot!). I really like this book, though I am biased towards tape laces.
The book consists of a variety of patterns ranging from very easy pieces made with five or six pairs in a braid. Not only that, but some of the earlier pieces are made all in one piece (one braid). The pieces become more complex like the one shown on the cover made of many small braids requiring a varying number of bobbins. Most of the patterns can be done with 15 or so pairs of bobbins. Some of the grounds require more though.
The book is laid out well in that new techniques are slowly introduced with each piece. Unless you are an relative beginner, you could probably pick up any pattern in the book to make. Key parts of patterns and new techniques are diagrammed in the four-color color code.
Since I did not care for the first few patterns in the book, I started several pieces into it. There are also a few I skipped along the way. Most of the patterns really are nice though!
The flowers are what drew me most to this book. There are so many different flower to chose from it's hard to decide which ones to make first. That's why it's easiest to go in order. As you can see by my current
WIP, not all the patterns have flowers.
Overall the book is very easy to follow and has a variety of interesting patterns to chose from. It also illustrates nicely how varied tape laces can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment