I hope everyone in the US had a nice Thanksgiving!
I actually finished it earllier this week but didn't have time to scane it until today. Shown above is motif no. 46 - Beaded Snowflake from Vida Sunderman's "Tatted Snowflakes".
The scanner does not do the color justice, but it is a wonderful pewter-bronze color. It would make a fabulous nail-polish color! Come to think of it, I should go through my nail polish collection to see if I have anything similar:)
The construction of this snowflake is very interesting in that the outer round is made entirely from chains. I am not sure why it doesn't incorporate rings, but considering I am making this with metallic thread, it works better. Large rings and metallic threads do not make a good combination.
Obviously, although the original pattern calls for beads (hence the name!) I did not use them. Although I have not tried it yet, I think beads and metallic thread would detract from each other.
So close to being done with the second round of 25 motif challenge! Although part of me would like to complete the challenge by the end of the year, I will not be too upset if I don't. It has already taken me way over a year to complete the second round.

Very pretty! I agree that beads would have taken away from the metallic thread. Will you be tatting one with beads? I suppose I could go pull the book off the shelf myself to see what the original looks like! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThat looks wonderful!! :)
ReplyDelete