Monday, October 7, 2013

Hearts in a Snowflake

I am running out of little things to complete in an effort to occasionally post!


Today I worked in the ends to another one of Jon's snowflakes - this time Hearts in a Snowflake.  This was a quick little snowflake to make.  I think my large picots affect the shape a bit, but it's still a pretty little pattern.

Made with DMC Special Dentelles No. 80 in white.

The sky was absolutely wild when I left work today!  Most of the sky was almost pitch black but you could see the sun trying to shine through in one corner.  The contrast in light was fabulous which made the colors of the leaves shine.  I think I am in minority in that I prefer fall foliage against a stormy sky.  To me it looks like the contrast in light brings out the colors of the leaves.  On a bright sunny day, while beautiful, the foliage almost looks washed out.  Today the leaves looked almost lit-from-within, like glass-flecked nail polish!  In addition to the beyond beautiful leaves, I saw a full arc double rainbow!  It was hard to stay focused on the road with the rainbow in the sky.  Luckily I saw bits of the rainbow until I was almost home, at which point it was getting too dark.  Fall really is beautiful, especially in this part of the world!  Having said that, there is something to be said for stark skeletal trees in the winter as well...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds so beautiful. It is magical these days here as well. I often just stand still, transfixed, looking at all the splendour...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about finding small things to tat so that you can post more often. I have plenty of patterns. My problem is choosing which one to go with!

    Your snowflake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete