Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dragon Wing Doily


It seems like I am the last person to try this pattern! As most of you know, this is "Dragon Wing Doily" by Anne Bruvold. I would love to link to it, but I'm afraid that would mean this would not be posted for a few more months...

I completed this little pattern late October, but just sewed in the ends and scanned it tonight.

Made with one of my own hand-dyed skeins of DMC Special Dentelles size 80 thread. I think this would look much better in two solid colors, but that may just be my preference.

4 comments:

  1. No, you are not the last person to tat this, as I have definitely not tatted it! I haven't even tatted the 'regular' dragons or the 'seahorse dragon'. I am years behind everyone else! Your own thread is very nice, and I applaud your using size 80 thread.

    However, to find Anne's pattern, simply Google "Dragon Wing Doily" and it appears right away in the directory. The actual url is:

    http://nuperelle.net/brikker/DragonWingDoily.pdf

    I've often wondered - have you actually seen any moose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone!

    Cathy - no, no moose yet:( I am more likely to see a bear...

    ReplyDelete