The blobby-looking thing is my motif No. 25 for the 25 Motif challenge. It actually doesn't look so bad, but it does bowl quite a bit and I couldn't get it to lie flat on my scanner. This is the Fifteenth Day of December from Bjørn's 24 Snowflakes in Tatting. Made with 1 strand of DMC metallic floss.
This now concludes my 25 motif challenge, but I will continue with it - round 2 if you will. However I don't plan on starting again with No. 1 but will continue 26-50. I plan to finish all snowflakes in this book and at some point I would also like to go back to the Kreinik series that I was making last year. So yeah, I'm done with one challenge but will start a second one. I don't think I will finish it in 1 year, but that's OK - this one took just over a year as well.
I've been working a lot lately - late nights and weekends, which greatly cuts down on my free time. Add to that the fact that winter is over and I have a lot of spring cleanup to do in the yard and I really don't have much time for anything else. The yard most definitely feels neglected:( I did manage to start some cleanup last Sat. I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to because of the limited time, but it was a start. Luckily today though overcast, was not rainy and I was able to do a bit more. Again, nowhere as much I would like to, but I'm slowly making progress. Same with lace - I'm getting a teeny-tiny bit done, but nowhere as much as I would like to. Not a big deal - neither my threads nor my pillow and shuttles are going anywhere! They will be there when I have more time.
Hi Mica! Congratulations on finishing the 25 Motif Challenge! I think I need to get on the stick and finish my second round of it! YIKES!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming over to celebrate my 2nd year blogoversary with me! You know there are some pretty awesome patterns in here. I have been tatting for 30 years and even I would love to tat some patterns out of this book. Are you sure you wouldn't love a shot at this book? Are you sure? I mean you just tatted some snowflakes and theres doilies and snowflakes and stuff in this book. I'd rethink it if I were you. Don't let the title of the book fool ya!
~TattingChic ♥