Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Progress

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, my job has taken over my life for now. Spring cleanup has also started in the yard, leaving very, very little time for lace.

Bobbin Lace:
A bit slower than I wanted. I am at a point that will require a lot of concentration to finish and I can't get myself motivated. Once I'm past that point in the pattern things should move a bit faster for a bit. I'm still hopeful I can have it finished by May. June at the latest. Now that I've announced when I want to complete it, it might motivate me:)

Needle Lace:
I did well for a week or so and then slowed down again. Still plugging away on the fillings. There are at least more fun to make than the corded filling.

I still haven't started the reticella-type pattern either.

Teneriffe:
I still have no direction with that one. Whatever I make next will be with thinner thread. That's not much to go on though... I'm debating whether to use DMC 80 (since I have a lot of it), or some of my finer bobbin lace thread. DMC 80 might be better for now, since I'm still really hard on the tensioning. Considering I managed to snap DMC Cordonnet 20, I should probably go down in size more gradually...

Knotted Lace:
I finished the motif I wanted to finish last month! I am now working on the last of the 6 small motifs. The tension is *slowly* getting better, but I still need a lot more practice.

Tatting:
Also very slow. I finally finished the 25 motif challenge though! Now on to round 2 of the motif challenge.... I already split the skein for the next motif, which is usually where I lose a lot of time. I am slowly working on my large WIP and am pretty much where I wanted to be right now. There are still 2 small projects I wanted to finish last month that are still not done. Well, one is done but I still have to sew in the ends and scan it. I don't think I even picked up the other one. One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment