Sunday, March 29, 2009

Motif No. 1


I started and finished this motif in Jan.  It is from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjørn and is tatted using 1 strand of DMC metallic floss.  This was actually not my first piece using 1 strand of DMC metallic floss, but it had been a while since I used it last.  I tend to tat very, very tightly, so using metallic thread is a challenge.  I like the finished product so much though, that I am willing to put up with i!  Splitting the skein wasn't difficult, but I have had problems since then.

The snowflake is worked in 1 round using split rings.  I actually had the inner round completed, but broke a thread closing the second split ring of the second round.  Rather than try to work with teeny tiny ends, I threw away what I had completed and started again.  There is still a mistake in this one, but that's OK - metallic thread hides a lot!

1 comment: