Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tulip


Yes, I am still alive!

Like most bloggers that haven't posted in a while, I have to say that Blogger sure changed their layout!  I think it's more intuitive now.

In no particular order, here are some of the reasons that my lace making has slowed down:

1.  Weekend free time is taken up with yard work and gardening
2.  Work is ridiculously busy
3.  House guests
4.  I picked up the piano again

I completed this piece in late July.  It is "Tulip" from Idrija Lace by Bridget M. Cook and Metka Tratnik.

Overall I like the pattern - tulips are my favorite flower after all!  It did bother me that the pattern was not symmetric though. I would like to definitely remake this piece, but I think I would reraw parts of the pattern to make it symmetric.  Quite a while back I did a similar piece that was also not symmetric and it drove me crazy while making it.  I should have redrawn the pattern this time before starting it.

The pattern is ~ 9.5 cm across at the widest point.

No comments:

Post a Comment